Fall back with this incredible Pumpkin Caramel Cake! This delicious fall dessert is drizzled with caramel and pumpkin filled. Covered in a sweet cream cheese frosting that will have you wanting more!
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 Spice Cake Mix
- 1 Can 15 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Pkg. 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cool Whip
- 2.25 oz Bag of Chopped Pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with baking spray or butter and set aside.
- Mix cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, oil, and water in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour batter into the greased baking pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick or fork inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven when ready and poke holes into the cake with a wooden spatula.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat 1/2 cup of caramel sauce for about 20 seconds or until warm. This will make it easier to pour over the cake.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the top of the hot cake making sure to get the holes in the cake filled. Leave a small amount of caramel on the side to drizzle over the frosting later. Let the cake cool before adding the cream cheese frosting.
- Once the cake has cooled, prepare the cream cheese frosting by mixing in a bowl the cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk until it becomes smooth and creamy. Add the cool whip and mix together.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the cake.
- Drizzle the top of the cake with leftover caramel sauce and add pecans for a decorative effect.
- Refrigerate before eating.