To Die For Rum Cake
15 minPrep Time
1 hr, 15 Cook Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18.25 oz) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup dark rum (separated in two 1/2 cup portions)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C)
- Grease a 10 inch bundt pan and sprinkle the chopped pecans evenly over the bottom of pan
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, the eggs, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup oil, and 1/2 cup rum and blend well for about 2 minutes. Pour batter over pecans in pan.
- When oven is preheated, bake for 60 minutes. Insert a fork or toothpick into the cake until it comes out clean before removing from oven. Let sit for 15 minutes before turning over into a serving plate.
- While the cake is cooling, in a saucepan combine 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat and continue boiling for another 5 minutes while stirring constantly so the sugar doesn't burn.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup rum.
- Once cake has been turned over, poke small holes throughout the top with a toothpick or fork then pour or brush glaze over the top and sides until all glaze has been used.