CALDO DE QUESO/CHEESE SOUP
Easy and delicious Caldo de Queso - Sonoran Style
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 potatoes, cut in large cubes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups chicken both
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, cubbed (you can substitute with Mozzarella or another cheese if you prefer)
- Cilantro, handful (optional)
- 3 hatch chiles, roasted, deveined and in strips
- Chicken bouillon, 1 cube
- Salt, to taste
- In a medium sized pot, heat oil on medium-high heat and then add onion. Saute onions for 5 minutes while stirring ocassionally until transparent.
- Mix in tomatoes and stir for another 4 minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth and season with a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a medium low and add potatoes, roasted hatch chiles and chicken bouillon cube.
- Finally, let simmer for approximately 15 minutes while stirring occasionally then add the milk, the cilantro, and the cubes of cheese.
- Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.